Internal Silence

A symbol of my affection
To the greater good
A reflective measure
That
Unwound
Can reach the moon
Each little bundle of cells
Strung out
Neck to neck
Grasping and gasping
With the fire of creation
(without the religious undertones)
Burning like dry timber
Starting like a spark plug
Hindered only by the lack of air
Revving and clicking
Miniature lightning
With its clicks for claps
Can't find independence
And so I let it pass through me
Wash over me in
An internal silence
Imagining the words
Peace
Or
Calm
Or
Balance
Because that's what someone told me
Now a balled up orb of energy myself
Listening to the sounds of industry
Jumping when something sounds familiar
A stop sign seen ahead
But the floor just
Never
Stops
Moving
And I can't feel my hands
But I know they are there
Which is how we all operate
All the time
In this deafening hum
Where sliding into home plate
Lasts forever
And each memory
Tastes like chalk
--
4.7.08

Comments