Fondant

In a moment I will share
A tiny tidbit
Not a mailman shaped treat for dogs
Not a stuffed morsel
Shaped like a hacksawed channel of bone
The marrow and carriage
Both made of the same material
Tasting the same
Only different in color
No, a small differential
Meaning,
There are two sides
To every confusion
Even the in side
As opposed to the out side
Something soft and gummy
Retreating into the cabin
Of something
Firm and built to withstand

In a second I will deliver
A candid piece
A startling blow
For those who forsake me
For those who wrap up my meat
And those who can me with peaches
A gutful of dum-dums
Not the flavors so much as the sticks
Keeping choking hazards
Connected
Leave it to me
To trust that you
Will wait for me

In a short instant
I will share a juicy detail
The kind you find in a pink concoction
In a sugar rimmed glass
With a fancy stirrer
Allowing the vessel
To appear as a pendulum
A metronome
Battering the edges
Time and time again
Until poof
It's a tragic misunderstanding
Half the things I say
Instead of things I mean to say
In exchange for
The things I want to hear
Like a balsamic drizzle
On the inside of my ear
The outside
Covered in rhinestone
With interlocking meringue
Crunched and powdered
A map of process
Like a puzzle
Only sweet
And stuck
To the perimeter of my head
--
5.19.09

Comments