I mean it

When I say I love you
I mean you save me from damnation
When I say maybe
I mean the weight of gravity will crush
When I say I'll see you there
I mean it would take a freight train bearing down atop me

When you forget
I forgive you not really I fragment
When you want
I want not really I inspect
When you jump
I follow not really I lose

When we're together
Peas pods it's comfortable
When we project
Deer headlights it's awkward
When we arrive
Home sweet it's safe

If I ever lose feeling
Nail me to the floor
If you ever spin wildly
I'll chronicle your fall
If we ever cry
We'll make sure we mean it
--
5.5.09

Comments

Read this while listening to Macy Gray's "The Id." Does it cheapen the notion that this verse would make a good song?
Enri Zoltz said…
Never cheap, always sophisticated. We're aristocrats! Even in our own muddy tank. We are broken in song and rich with volition...