Rose With A Broken Nose

There goes Rose
They said
Rose with a broken nose
How'd it happen
No one knows
But here is how the story goes

Rose was walking with one of her beaus
A well liked gal with class, I suppose
Another lover despised whom she chose
One fair fall evening when summer slows
And so he chose an aggressive pose
The other beau's body temperature rose
He cocked his left arm, used for striking foes
But caught poor Rose square on her nose
They all looked foolish, for average Joes
But none so more than whom Rose chose
She never chose him again, I suppose
Or the other way around, to juxtapose
Or at least that's how the story goes
Last time I heard about dear old Rose

Second story goes like this:
Rose was headed for marital bliss
Her suitor a jockey with a Cockney lisp
A sweet young man with a forehead wisp
Come to think of it, I think he had a slipped disk
From falling off a horse from Minsk
He liked a risk, and getting pissed
In the English fashion, gin with a twist
He had also gone and broken his wrist
Which is why he couldn't ball up a fist
Not important if you're making a list
But as the story goes, not to be missed
It was unfortunate and because of this
That Rose began to work the grist
She got so strong they did enlist
Her services as grain mill machinist
Someone was jealous, said she had a tryst
With a friendly lad, though a nihilist
Her beau came in and asked "who's this?"
He got no answer, but worked up a fine mist
The workers were screaming while the nihilist hissed
Rose knew her beau couldn't make a fist
So she took matters personally and threw 'round her mitts
Caught almost everyone with stern solid hits
And just when she thought about calling it quits
The foreman decided she lost all her wits
He punched her...
Dead in the nose...
That's what I heard happened to Rose

Story Three:
Same thing happened to me
I heard the old girl with a jingling key
Coming in through the door 'bout a quarter to three
Saw my pants laying there
Just strewn on the floor
Got up in a hustle, scared to the core
Sent a girl out the back
Though she tried to ignore
What I'd told her twice over and twice again more
Panic attacked when my Rosey came in
She saw me without any clothes and in sin
She froze for a moment, then collapsed like a hose
Fell down and broke her sweet little nose
That's how she got the name Broken Nose Rose
And just a fine start for many more woes
For Rose had a bloke in tote with her too
If I hadn't been naked there's no tellin' what I'd do
The man she was with helped me gather my things
I left that old shanty shack without my gold rings
But, they paid for her nose job, a simple procedure
You just break it again at your own drunken leisure
Then set it with ice on another man's shoulder
My new love inquired, but that's not what I told her
I told her I broke my nose too that fine day
When Rose showed up cheating to my scorn and dismay
It's gotten much better, but it hurts when it snows
So I stay inside while off to work my Rose goes
I'll be back to work just as soon as I can
Or when I get to thinkin' Rose has found a new man
--
5.11.11

Comments