Penitent, Absolved, Eclipsed, Attended

There are songs
That remind me
I am someone's flattened penny

Some day
Not long ago
But long from now

When tender ears were placed
Where feet doth rumble
Even scarier perhaps, thunder, rolling

But never no mind
Loose dirt becoming trampolined
Moments airborne no speck could imagine

There, at the horizon
A fluid beast, timeless
But eating it, no matter

Coming for your penny at last
Perhaps a blast or pop or grind
But no, just a hustle you will remember

There was never any accident
No broken china or missing limbs
But, alas, as if never there

Someday you will see me for what I am
A copper residual
No value but that of a time and place

I hope you know you are also mine
My Ana Ng, my birdhouse
A dreadful curse

I know this because my throat tightens
My belly gets twisted
I remember who I am

Before long we will forget everything
The value of things left behind
For someone else to estimate
--
9.27.13

Evening Dispatch
4 of 4 Final Poems

Comments