Companion fear



I said I didn't mean it but I did.

When I jumped through that hula

It didn't feel right

So I shook it off

Your face went numb

And all the oils were blended

In your polaroid painting

I saw in your head

You had no room for it


I didn't want to smear it but --

Your loud inner dialogue

Got caught in my near field receiver

I manipulated some of the waves

Repurposed them 

And came up with my own remix

I apologize


I stopped touching it and waited;

But you were not around

And when you are

You have your own ideas

So I purposely waited where I knew you were not

So I could fiddle

Your ideas a foreign serengeti

Several weather patterns away

The air was still

And all mine

I sucked it in


I know where to stand before my judge!

The floor is worn down into a puddle of wood

Your guess is as good as mine

So I over design

I let the fabric tell a story

Because I have long forgotten

Whether I care

The rote intent

I packed into my saddle

Left little room for truth

That is braille sprinkles

On a cupcake

It will be glossed over

By better things

Except on nebulous pages

Where it might make all the difference



Comments