Lists and Recall

Grey skies

Thought I woke up late

Nearing the train I was relieved

Nine o'clock start not eight-thirty

Up in the middle of the night reading The Lacuna

That rush was invigorating

It's been a while

Since my routine was forced to adjust

So a new day for sure

Since my brain has not yet caught up

To my train

But it will

And I almost hope it wouldn't


Last night I dreamt of riding my longboard on a wet street

The slickness caused me to lay down on it

And I rode under traffic pileup 

Even though everyone was sliding around 

I pushed my way through 

Under a van

Woke up to the feeling of too much danger


I also dreamt of living in a real life scare house

Like a haunted house designed to frighten 

But after you know all the tricks 

They are more just obstacles 

On your way to the cabinet


I will miss not playing a hand of Phase 10 with my kid and my wife

Our morning ritual

To avoid turning on the television


Things I left unfinished:

My jeep needs a tighter radiator hose

Replace the coolant at 50/50

Also, loosen the drain but on the sink

Clean that area and apply plumber's putty

Hope for the best


Comments