Our Strike Would Last

Our strike would last a whole ten days
Not knowing for sure
But in my best estimations

My wife is sick of being an adult
She would like to be a kid again instead
Tax preperations are added to a growing pile

Shit we don't take care of until we have to

I say, if one of us is reverting then we both must go
Because one adult would be a bitter pill
And I don't want to fuck a child

That's not to say that I don't understand
I was a child once too
Wasn't I

I don't want to go to work either
And maybe it's a lack of imagination
But I don't see any other way

Somewhere on a farm
A child wants to grow up and be me
Working in Manhattan for decent pay

Riding the subways
Married to a Rockette
A real live working stiff

It's always the grey fuzzies that get in the way
(Back pain eye strain slow train migraine)
A list of working man woes
That sound awfully childish

When positioned face to face
With flies in the eyes
Or being lost in a diamond mine

Or just burried alive
Because it's cheaper than bringing you
Back to the top

Being that child wouldn't be very fun
That's when fairytales of being raised by wolves
Sounds awfully good

And maybe happier than us
(at times, of course, as to mind the grey fuzzies)
With our plastic bags and trash days
Hangnails and flat tires

And we sleep with the wolves
Even make their beds
And let them raise these fairytale children

For oil money
And diamond money
And GOLD!

I don't know if I could support my family
(Without the machines)
Would you let nature decide how much you could
(CONSUME)
Eat sleep breathe shiver fuck

When I was a kid I wanted to be Quincy
But what I realize now
Is that I wanted to be something like Quincy

Only I don't know what that something was
And I'm baffled over what it might be
But it certainly wasn't old

Carrying the scent of iron and moth balls and Brut
Into the twenty-first century
Like some walking time capsule

I suppose what I'd really like to be
Is more of a walking timeless capsule
And my wife would like to be the younger model

Would this make us happy
Probably not
But without the grey fuzzies it sure sounds good

5.18.06

Comments