I know how to drive

"I know how to drive," she says
The traffic guard looks bored
And there is bump that makes the dog lose balance for a moment
I'm reminded of my dream from a previous night's rest
Where all my flight information was stored in my cell phone
Which I had somehow lost
And was now left guessing between 4:37 PM
and 7:34 PM
I was already late if I wanted to try for the first guess
And the stress of knowing that I may get there for the later flight
Only to find there was no later flight
Was
Killing
Me
I was in Florida
Anyway, a man in my dream also told me
That I, too, would one day have a big floppy belly to look down at
I decidedly said "no"
He told me to just wait until I was 60
And I said that if that were the case
I would become a vegetarian
Looking back, I am not sure if that would fix the situation
I know she can drive, but I worry about all our confidence in general
--
1.31.07

Comments