Cupcakes

There was a time
Surprise! or Honor
To describe any action
At thirty thousand a year
What would have occurred
Any number of -
Was I pruned? Sculpted? Moldy?
The black dust that falls in my mug
I had never thought about long term effects
Affected
Molded, bowled over
In some sheep dream
Migrated; patterned
Now dots as thumbtacks
I can track
And then -
In real time
I will know
But now for no reason
Other than -
Like some curse
If you look at it like
Or, then
You can maybe see an answer looming
At forty-five thousand
I was excited
Did I learn fast?
People reflect on jade
And tea
But, me - ?
I stopped playing
Foraging; camaraderie
Delving and accepting
With an air of importance
Eye for detail
Brevity; levity
At sixty or sixty-eight
Can you imagine?
Dear Mother
Or dear deceased father
My choosing paternal patronage
Mentorship; regionality
A pat
A comment
A switchblade
A gauze
When gazing back at what drags you down
These pestering bodies
Celestial; flaky
Wagons tied loosely to buttons and standard quality
The what for
To give it
Every day
In some smaller community
A lazy dog
Milking sun
One foot in shade
At eighty-seven or ninety-one
It must have been tragic to hear
Maybe I'm back in reality
Dust in mug
Eco-systemic-bulb-filament-rotten-burnt out-nickely-bubbly
I used to lick nine volts
In my grandparent's building
People thought me rotten-spoiled-sharp
Punim
Tush
Some kind of security
But a tag
Such a dreadful heft
As if -
The art of -
It's stepchildish
Piggybackish
Brackish
With seventy-eight
And a host of reasons
I see grass skirts
Long spears
Used to climb dusty mounds
There is no box
There is no perk
With my day come and gone
It's someone else's schedule
Their dream
Or nightmare
Or settlement
But what there aren't
Are cupcakes
--
6.17.08

Comments