Breakfast in Bed

It's a common mistake
Holding hands and digging your nails in deep
Drawing blood because
Geez
I've maybe never held hands before
I mean
Not like this

It's a fledgling feeling
To be flying high on rubber cement
Thinning the brain passages
To make way for ideals
Clear the pathways for harmony
And group hug understanding

It wouldn't be rude for me to say
I think you're lovely
And in the middle of something good
Like anal sex or strawberry soufflé
Brace yourself
Because I've got a hankering for flesh
Something deeply anti-robotic
Something gravy ridden
Dripping with au juices
Filled with fat and flour and rosemary
Or even just hemoglobin and zinc
It wouldn't be right
But it wouldn't be wrong

I won't harm you more than you would harm yourself
I won't kiss you deeper than a movie about a sinking submarine
I wouldn't tell you these things if I didn't think you needed a
discretely firm licorice spanking
--
3/2/09

Comments