In Your Forever

In seeing your lips
Squished against the glass
Bringing me back home
A soft croissant

Down in the basement
Of your mother's soul
Dividing up the bread
A noble gesture

With a chassis at her hips
Waving people past
Wherever she may roam
A lower case font

And your exact placement
Signifying your role
Moving on instead
A greener pasture

It's so quite simply
Packing fat in spaces
Building a miniature
A solid foundation

The area you cover
Always belonging
Figuring this out
A dazzling maze

Rich and dimply
Everywhere the finger traces
Differentiating between furniture
A non-modular creation

These particles always hover
Dancing and songing
Believing in rain during drought
A mark that stays
--
7.22.09

Comments

Erin Davis said…
Congratulations! Ultrasounds really let you get an up-close and personal look at your baby. When I had my kids (my youngest is 10), the picture was much more fuzzy, but I can remember being awestruck each and every time.