poetry as a dirty trademark

I'm mad at you
Comfort is ugly
When sharpened fangs make way
Sliding past squiggly
May your grandchildren divorce you
Find your beauty
Bathe in it
Soak your yellowed nails
Make peace with your cheeselike odour
I do not forgive
Will never lactate
Using tools unflinchingly
Sometimes

You grade
Sloping;
like so many trees along a highway
Showing shape
Making pictures
But worse
Falsifying a valley
You drop beyond eyesight
Causing objects to move slower
Appear stupid
Hills are not friendly
You cause distraction
And yet
All the foundation on earth
Can't keep you from canyoning
We'll hammock
In your shadows
And grow beards
Masturbate

Spell on you
Learn to spell on you
Learn to dream and make a wish
Only you wish
On you
Others double up
On Galaga fighter pilots
Feeling the comfort of a double cannon
You canyon and abandon
Poke fun at
Parties
Other people have
Where there is not as much
Brain power and gold bond powder
Your sticky confidence lending
All the world
A gracious
Nonchalance
A porcupine of a lie
A symbol crash of a statement
But everything you say
Is pretty
Because you edit
And expect me to think
That means you care more
You do not accept me
As I am


In blog
form

over
function
--
7.23.09

Comments

Anonymous said…
I thought I was reading Brautigan there for a minute!
Enri Zoltz said…
Thanks, KANSAS - I will have to sharpen up on my Brautigan. I haven't read any of his work to date, but I am familiar with him as a writer. I guess TROUT would be my first stop?
Erin Davis said…
Oh, this is devastating. And I mean that in a very, very good way.