Eyes of the World

Sorry
I don't have a cool nickname
I worry about mold
Houses look like carcasses
The significance of our lives are wrapped up in the lives of others
In the beauty of nature we find our true ugliness
I forgive you
So sorry
My hair would look cooler if I used product
I frighten easily at the idea of bugs on my skin
When I was little I was overwhelmed with how many houses you could
pass while riding on a train
It is only in the mind of people we have influenced that we are truly
alive
In nature's ugliness we see the world's ugliness and the deprecation
of humanity
I acknowledge your faults as mistakes and not weaknesses
I'm sorry
My life experiences are working against me
I make connections with food and beverage that others don't seem to
think about
Whose lives appear in all those windows?
Everything else, besides our contact with other individuals, is
meaningless
Nature has lessons that are lost on most of us, we cannot extract
ourselves from ourselves
I would never ask you to change and should stop expecting it
I apologize
I went for it, but I was unsure of my footing, I fell and decided
crawling better suited me
I have noticed some unhealthy fixations
In this way religions are born, wars are fought against those we don't
know very well, everyone understands protection of the sacred family
Losing one's self in the details allows one to transcend the ugliness
of the world and become truly observant
This is what the natural poets knew
This is what they were yelling in soft description
This is sometimes called selfish and not selfless
I'd like to think that people are inherently good, but I have grave
reservations
Once in a while someone looks back, but reflections prevent making
direct eye contact. Homes, secured with heating and cooling, fences
and architecture, panes of glass we share in common
--
8.06.09

Comments

cb said…
i really enjoyed this one.