Don't Wait For It

The more you write
The more your work
Becomes a searchable find
When someone is looking
For someone else's poetry

I wonder when they read
My mosquito before Updike's
Do they think to themselves
That was hardly good
What gives stupid face

I also wonder
When people from Iran
Read my work
Are they unimpressed
Same goes for Pakistan

It is also possible
That my work is but
A fleeting moment
In someone's day
As it is in mine

Somehow I am less fond
Of others' work
That is not as good
As that which I read
From published authors

Some of what has become
Published work of late
Is crap that can write itself
And admittedly so
It sometimes is

That being said
I am not opposed
To computers writing poetry
So long as they also read
And enjoy poetry

I don't wish to fixate
On objects that can
But rather on those
That have to
Or burn without

The absence of flair
Is a tragic misstep
As is honesty
To a fault
Your fault

The other thing
That must be remembered
Is no one cares
Unless you convince them
They should

This can be done
In a countless array
Of ways that were perfected
By psychotics and maniacs
All in Marketing or Propaganda

These are one in the same
Except for their leaders
One having a real philosophy
The other a premise
Both spaghetti to work for

I digress considerably
The real point of all this
To express gratitude
To anything that can
Make unretractable mistakes
--
9.10.09

Comments