Uptake

When I run I ran
Like a galloping carriage steed
So much so
That when I sit I'm sitting
Waiting for new friends to be pretty
Limiting my uptake to that which is manageable
Namely zero naming non-numbers for things
That just cannot be so
Or really shouldn't if one is to be part of the transaction

Old friends are a bore
Like a chair or chore
Or open to a host of things
Lice and lease
Renting with an option
Is stop gap fever
Some hot dance craze
That once is swing is swung
Swanging for acquaintances who twang
At a fixed rate
Anyone that wants to debate what was debaught

Crisis in real rock
Hard rock
Stones with chisel and dimple
Laid bumpy up against vinyl
Not such a gooey stretch
Something churned that can be burned
Some in the same pile
Like distant relatives
Both with blue eyes and five fingers a hand
One got pressed and prussed
Drilled through to get the other
Like hide and go sought
A certain commodity
Extracted, berled, mixed and concocted
To become a non-oddity
Something familiar
Not an old friend
But a new one
Maybe you haven't met yet
One that will be pretty
Transportable and easy to clean
A little too flexible
But when have you heard any friend being frund because of their
inability to waver?
Let's make a wager
Say I don't have run
And you don't have to lend
Real numbers
That can be melted down
Sat on
Uptook
--
10.13.09

Comments

shufly said…
I wish I could write like you. How's it goin' papa?