Dog's Life

Far more enlightened
My boss said
I don't know how to interpret
Such sludgery

Tree lined streets look nice
The way the rows of homes
create strata
in calm diagonal
is nice

Travel shows warn us
undercooked meats
certain plants
and native species
can be dangerous to our health
our general well being
could be lethal

And I banish them to the far reaches of
My television

reaching far into the horizon
More imperfect than
the new york city skyline

Fuzzy like an 80's movie
Like the opening credits
to say Crocodile Dundee
or I don't know
The Graduate or Serpico

Do any of those open with
A walk down a common new york ave?
Filled with foot traffic and steam?

I know what the boss means
But it is hard to admit
Or take to heart without vomiting

that this
all this we call to knowing
has more knowing above and beyond it

His boss he's saying
Has no boss
That general end of statement

Doesn't clarify so much as
confuses

the small atomic structure
the cells of eyes and sinus
makes morons of us all
And I ask
sometimes at once

In unison
with myself and bosses

Do you feel like an idiot?
these are long drawn out pauses
in between saying

Sometimes
and Always

Your church of reasons
beginning with sludge
--
3.13.12

Comments