Standoff

In all the excitement
I forgot to pee
For the forty-seventh time this morning
So now I am uncomfortable
While writing this

So, I warn the universe
All the poetics in the world
Will not be able to hide
The underlying urgency
To finish this
So I can go pee

Even with a stream in my head
And rain outside the window
I am committed to the quality standards I have previously set forth
With regards to writing in the morning
Utilizing my train ride
And poetry in general

Luckily for me
My standards are not very high
And poetry will remain
Virtually unaffected either way

Not to be a poetry martyr
Restraining my need to relieve myself
For the good of all words
Because there is also laziness
Which additionally plagues me
And keeps me in this seat
So that I may not pee all day

But I do love coffee
Despite the diuretic effect it has
And so I will likely not maintain my standoff
For very much longer
--
4.23.12

Comments