The Beast Wears Skinless Patterns

Crouch from bucket head
Oh tarped beast
You didn't do this to yourself
But you didn't not
It helps you look sorrowful
But no less menacing

When trucks become trains
It happens
I saw this train-truck just today
Giant steel insect
Ready to unfold and work
Nothing works like insects

We don't trust ourselves
Or others
Which makes it hard to go outside
Some days I just drink
Until the world starts to feel
More or less confusing

They say change is god
Or even "good"
I don't hear so well in my head
But who's listening?
We play hide and seek all day
"Ready or not, here I come"

Perfect assembly
Smooth cut logs
Stacked between two trees for fire
Great if there's no rain
A tarp can work in reverse
Keeping dampness inside

That wall of stacked wood
Seems perfect
So many design flaws out there
Temporary walls
Somehow more convenient
You can view their nature

Judge exteriors
Look closely
Ever loaded film in a bag?
It isn't easy
It's hard to trust cavities
Dimensions are tricky

Forms are elusive
Just saying
I know I contradict myself
But never nature
Nature eats contradiction
It's silent and crunchy

We have found center
It is dark
There are no good ways to say this
Ways that bring comfort
Life gets abbreviated
It becomes "if" real quick
--
1.9.13

Comments

Anonymous said…
very nice