The Point

Always in awe
And me play stupid
Not knowing gifts from deficiencies
I find friends that never say
Hey stupid

Walk along a troubled bridge
Over dust bowl
Looks like cocoa powder
Tastes like dirt
But I digress

Before long
My times are up
Not on a board like racing finals
But in a sinkhole
Under my house

Then we talk fables
And I get angry
Like the world is talking about me again
And friends calm me down
These stories are about everyone, they say

Before another long
It will be time for big sleeps
All those movies in the garbage
Millions of minutes in video
Tossed at the feet of mountains

When I take the road back
I find small rocks, unrecognizable
Footprints criss-crossed
Urine from animals
And a broken sack of intent

Still further along
More unfamiliar stones
But the shapes, I remember
Brothers and sisters of sand
Compressed by papa, with smooth hands of mama

At the base of the foothills
There is a lake of bonemeal
They call it The Point
No boat can cross
It's so stupid
--
4.9.13

Comments