Forage

Before temple status
There was special education
Maybe I'm remembering that wrong
That part about typing on a paper keypad
Like a simple photocopy of a QWERTY keyboard
I think it was a photocopy
Although I could be wrong about that, too, I suppose
I might have been a carbon copy
Although I doubt it
Were those still called Xerox?
I haven't the faintest
But a special selection
We're hurried off to pray
Somewhere up and off in the portly mountains in that distance over there
Unless I am completely wrong
If memory serves
Which it always should
Like berry-depraved fingers on a child
Carrying thin china
Up stairs, across carpet and everything
Then vanishing in the mist
Out there in the rain
The rainy mist
Is that possible?
Am I again completely fixed on the wrong details?
Can mist be rain or rain be misty rain or rainy mist?
Either way, there are legions of children
Up and over there
Kneeling in worship
Going out in droves for score
For collecting
Learning to twist yarn
Or type very fast
Sending signals over radio
Believing in ghosts of the vine
Old ancestors that drive tractors
Tractors made of looped greenery
Machines made of juicy ferns and bark
I could be completely off here
But I believe they are special
They were for certain "educated"
Small monks
With tiny, beautiful, hard working hands
They took refuge
In the woods
They are what they found
--
9.19.13

Evening Dispatch

Comments