Acceptance

How do you keep an edge sharp?
Not the edge that translates into advantage and power
But the one that keeps you snyde and unwavering
I suppose it could be a trait that you are born with
Or something that luckily attaches itself to you
Like a suction to its host
I don't want to be judgemental
But I am forced to make assumptions
That is what my experiences have taught me
Is that what make the less edgy folk so uptight?
The same exact thing?
I always assumed that they were never edgy
Or at the very least
They assumed that it served them no purpose
Would not lead them to their goal
Assuming, of course, that my sole purpose
Was to just be edgy
Which is not so far from the truth
Except that my edge has value
To myself and others
And comes sheathed in a thick wrapping
Of values
As does their non-edginess
Both bring their own levels of deceit
And acceptance
And non-acceptance
And I guess I always felt
That while their values do not allow
Acceptance of a lot of things
My values just don't accept them
But they probably think
The same damn thing
--
6.5.07

Comments