Cold Duck

Plans with friends would have to wait
I know that tone could elevate
There's nothing quite like feeling stuck
Come home to cook
Cold duck

Stories break and gossip flies
I'll start with beer and dramatize
No legs to stand within the muck
I'll pour more wine
Cold duck

Kitchen's hot and fat doth burn
I'm not quite sure I'll ever learn
I'll chop the nuts and pound the wine
Cold duck
For valentine

Please just don't apologize
I knew I'd have to compromise
Getting mad will always suck
It's not big news
It's just cold duck

With letting go there comes such peace
A concrete block, an old valise
A little fuel to bring good luck
Irreverence
Goes well with duck

We talked like lovers, finished thoughts
Weightless like two astronauts
Like golden corn right after shuck
There's room to grow
Cold duck

I called old friends, I drank too much
But feeling good is such a crutch
Feeling bad can be for some
A two way street
Cold rum

The weekend passed without a hitch
Success and friends, we're very rich
Not in the sense of Mattituck
But we've got us
Cold duck
--
8.27.07

Comments