Ugly Shore

Going on two days now
Basking in the same spot
(A seasonal recognition)
Transporting me home
A stoic scape
Tragic beach
Washed up against the would be sand bar
More identifiable as a train track
But the same concept holds true here:
A Grolsch bottleneck
An almost disintegrated Snapple cap
An array of shapes and sizes
Colors and textures
(mostly muted; mostly tumbled soft)
Wash up in an arc
An aerial view
Of my home
From an airplane window
The journey missed this year
Wringing me out right now
Gripping me in my chest
Soaking in the blinding heat for a moment
Transporting me there
Colliding along the way
With a hard, greasy glove
And a rusty spring
Tragic beach
Ugly shore
Corrupted scape
Set to scale
For the in-flight movie
Tragic Beach
"A million like it,
but this one is yours"
Fortified with time and hustle
The progression just a science fair version
Of what the wheel takes care of
Crushing
Pulverizing
Reassociating
All that makes up
A scenic retreat
On a much longer track
--
5.14.08

Comments