Sleepless Thoughts of Haiku Death Train

Dark before birds chirp
I thought about an email
Left on my device

Awful, morbid note
Never to be seen again
Subject said: Train Crash


One line in body
Line: Oh God, this could be bad
That's it. My last words.

I thought about speed
I'm always too ambitious
Though, maybe time stopped?

Impact of a train
Oncoming, never stopping
Plowing into me

This morning a train
Just to catch another train
My mind raced in sleep

My only request
Please tell my wife I loved her
Her and only her

I'd tell her myself
Posthumously; but forlorn
My device just sucks

Stuck in the outbox
A silly note for nothing
No words of wisdom

No life lessons learned
It's probably for the best
I go unnoted

A call to my wife
Expressing adoration
Would have been better
--
7.3.08

Comments

Torus34 said…
Visited by Torus34 as per personal com of 4 July.
Torus34 said…
I've set up a blog here on Blogger.com. It's called 'Space Fillers'.

Do locate that ol' gee-tar. Nothing like a good bass riff to clear the mind.

Jim