What Drinking Has Created

A pit in my pot
A breath of shortness
A slight ache of head
A home that I adore

Before I learned to smoke
Beneath the skin of grape
Behind the school garage
Believing I could fly

Clipping my wings
Catagorized as delinquent
Choosing friends over family
Cooling off a hot summer day

Deciding I could change
Dedicated to drinking more
Destined to chase Bukowski's dragon
Dreams became reality

Easy is as easy does
Everyone looses steam
Elsewise they implode
Earning more money

Fame became lame
Figured I was obscure
Fleeing the scene
Felt like a weight loss technique

Grand explored entrance
Gentle on the tongue
Ground into wood
Gift of the Maji

Holding fast
Heaving never
Hurting no one
Helping hands

I can't leave now
I am impenetrable
I let go of everything
I can't believe I started

Journey ends here
Jeopardy for winos
Jealous of the Joneses
Jazzed for lunchtime liquids

Keeping to myself
Killing all old pieces
Kindly leaving
Kidding with my wife

Loosing inhibitions
Lead in my glass
Leafing through catalogs
Looking for the perfect rack

Missing the old neighborhood
Memorializing past present
Missionary maladjustment
Mending broken hearts

Nice to meet you, too
Never saying sorry
Naysayers beware
Nodding off on the train

Over before you know it
On top of a stallion
Owning up to your shit
Opening up to your partner

Personal choice turned chap
Pledging to honor forever
Peeping into a situation
Performing at your best

Quizzing you on bullshit
Questioning your integrity
Quelling all concerns
Quick to drop a subject

Resting assured
Relying on the nether
Reaping all rewards
Rewarding the reaper

Saving yourself for something
Symbolically sacrificial
Solutions coming for certain
Simply said and succinct

Trying to tie up loose ends
Tempered like steel
Turning a corner
Tripling over words

Under cover lover
Up on a roof somewhere
Undulating in saline
Upset about missing

Vertically challenged
Vastly outnumbered
Vehemently aposed
Very good for you

With or without you
Wheeling into town
Working in the magic
When all else fails

X-nay on the ooze-bay
XXX
X sign here
Xylaphone in Scrabble

Your only true love
Yesterday's prince
Yellow bellied relief
Younger than you know

Zest of a lemon
Zing of ageless wonder
Zippers stuck indefinitely
Zzz
--
7/25/08

Comments

Fantastic, dude! I can't believe that this got penned in 45 min. I'd have been scratching my brain for days trying to go through the alphabet like that.