Leave Your Hat On

Ride with me
Crotch referee
Remind me of place and time
And race
Remind me to look not at breast
But at face
Crotch referee you're so funny

Dine with me
You nameless beast
Remind me to chew
When the concept of feast
Has little to do
With how skirts are creased
Let my tongue stay in mouth
At the very least
Nameless beast
You appease me

Flag me red
You censoring freak
When I'm caught feeling bothered
Mid-day and mid-week
For no other reason
Than needing a tweak
Censoring freak
You enlighten

Sleep with me
You angel of death
When you cross you hands
Across my chest
And hold my dreams down
In the murky deep
Angel of death
You beseech

Hang with me
You monitor god
Keeping the clouds
From my lightning rod
Keeping my thoughts in the air
Where the sod
Can't stain the way it should
You're easily more of a clod
That can't bend
Masquerading as conscience and friend
Leading me down a street with no end
Monitor god
You're so cyclical

Teach with me
You linear truth
Where x equals
What you don't do in a booth
When the children need guidance
And patience and couth
Linear truth you're amazing

Be old with me
You inner peace
When all else fails
And shimmering fleece
Is just something else
You rent or lease
Inner peace
Defend me

Walk with me
You sacred ideal
More involved now
With a sense
Not a feel
An opus an epitaph
A glorified wheel
Sacred ideal
You're the ultimate
--
2/25/09

Comments