It Stays the Same

You are aging in chroma

I tried to recall the moments on pivot

Half dreaming

All through scratchy glass

Facing away from the sun

I got to the school yard 

Beside our rented house

I see the front steps of the school

On the day I had to write lines

You might have helped me

I was embarrassed 

But maybe not enough

Maybe too much

I saw the principal's paddle on the wall

And remember being small in that office

He was imposing but quick to smile

I remembered the other school I went to for special programs

As if to think we all might end up someplace different

Maybe we did

Maybe we do

When I try to see through your camera I get dizzy

Knowing what hides behind that thin door

Can be so easily exposed

Feels like you can't do anything

So you do as much as you can

Now I know

Time is heavy

Those cauldron keepers continuously stirring 

Reducing the brew 

To extract deeper flavors

To stop time

Which sits on pivot

Colors ample with saturation

Getting loose

Running together

But you stay the same

Only time can change

Brave definitions

Deciding to be sharp

Holding form

Is smiling back

Imposing

Sharing in the laugh

You aren't getting any older

Then time stops

You stay here

Now it's my turn

See you back home

Thanks for helping me

Right my lines


Comments