You...you. Me, we and them.

I'll do you one better
I could wrap you in lyrics
Suffocate you in spun tale
But wouldn't dare line up the letters
The ultimate four letter word
I'll take you there
Tag you there
Paint your name on a wall
With strands of your own hair
But now with portion control
In a bizarro supermarket
With bars between you and the check out girl
Who pops gum
And doesn't take checks

Oh holy of greater goods
Believe me
I ride your shimmering coastline
Emblazoned with your crown of lighter skin
Perplexed by the magnitude of your bad jokes
Humbled by your severe and heavy hand
That hand with a million eyes
And a billion fingers
And one solitary wrist
Bear down on us
With all your might
Frighten us into believing
That we can serve you
And in the same action
Serve ourselves
Like the Kool Aid man
Only serious
Completely fed up and breaking through walls
Because he sees no other way

I could wrap you in contextual emotion
Rock your age with a clear and present metaphor
But will only unleash the hounds of heaven
When the good food tells me so
Until then
I pack my thoughts in sea crates
And stack them like perfectly packed staples
Hoping never to bind
Two things that don't deserve each other
You and I dear maker
We deserve each other
--
4.1.09

Comments