Therapy (I don't go to a therapist)

Let's think about this, she said

What you can and can't say

The weight you carry
Is extra
Unnecessary
Exponential and nonessential
You won't make it, she said

I don't believe you

Of course you don't, she said
Millions of cells dragged their sorry asses around the universe so
that we could be sitting here talking, just like this, on this very day

Are you saying life has meaning?

Not in the slightest, she said
Stop torturing yourself
Let it go

Can you let it go for me?

No, she said
I can tell you that some of the love you feel is real
Some of what you are feeling is delusional desires that is partly
genetic, partly hormonal, and part bullshit
That's all I can tell you

Do I pay for this?

Every day of your life, she said
Let it go
--
6.17.09

Comments