Timeless Space Folly

When people say, "lighten up"
They are referring to my swollen patience
Happened last fall
When I hit a rock at the bottom
Smacked my temperament real good
Happens every fall

When I hear the phrase, "don't tread on me"
I know it's not racist
But it's damn near close
With everything that involves freedom
As a concept
Comes the right to bear arms
Always the camel-back-breaking straw
Always the cherry on top
At work, we exercise the right to bare arms
It works out well for everyone

When the cat's meow becomes so easy to replicate
And everyone bought the cow after getting their milk for free
And no one among us isn't a monkey's uncle
It is time to move on
Pack up the Winnebago
And refill the oxygen tanks
Don't stop to pack to diapers
We can all pee in our suits
All of us already having shat where we once ate
--
8.28.09

Comments