Ante Meridiem

Things are rarely laugh out loud
chuckle giggle snicker
Is a more realistic account
respond CGS
To let me know
you agree and will abide
I hate liars
Except when I lie
usually for good reasons
to get what I want
or to protect someone from emotional damage
but only when necessary
wince grit tension
WGT

I sit and wonder why I don't have a garden
Wanting to know if weeping willows can flourish in the Northeast
Pipes running who knows what to who knows where
All these connections lost without action
Action such a strong word for not dead
CGS
Unless you're getting it hot and heavy
LOL
Kind of an embarrassed reaction
to action
Screen name
IP address
Internet provider
Operating system

I saw a lake on TV and wondered if you lived there
with your family
It was probably within 100 miles of your life
the life you built
So deliberate
With hands and stamina
Mostly in Summer
This summer almost gone
Reminds me of no time I ever had growing up
You, so different
On ice skates
with sticks
waiting for things to freeze
When you get hit you don't feel it
right away
Not throbbing and swelled against the outer most layer
WGT

This morning I stayed silent
Upon news of DJ AM's death
I heard it on Twitter
and wasn't really a fan
Just for lack of exposure
or desire
to be exposed
But the special report on drug related deaths
Lethal combinations
of pain killers antidepressants and grapefruit juice
also maybe alcohol
Reminded me of crushing up rohypnol
and snorting it while on loads of acid
I miss home, too
Not like you
But not so different
as to warrant
an emoticon
or lackluster expression
Your way of life
attractive enough
and you ate the acid, too
--
9.1.09

Comments