Fortune is Happening

This didn't happen today
Tugging on the paper tab
Waiting
To deliver
A real whopper
In bed

The last time I saw you
Possibly under an umbrella
About to step onto a bus
You snuffed
But I know you
So your sniffle
And huff
Is endearing
As apposed to
Appalling

The passion hiding
Below your temperamental feathers
Is your calling
And since you decided to make it
Happen
You will never succeed
Be truly happy
But that never matters
In a life's work
The library is filled
With ghosts
That get hit
By buses
Never approached
Certainly not curbed, ascended, or bridled

Those tributes
Given away
Are little tags
Attached to the ragged sweater
That should've been a blanket
Stitched just in time
To embarrass
By wearing it
Inside out
Just in time
Nowhere else

The reason I mention this:
The reader in my neighborhood
Is renting space
And I know you know someone
And I wish I knew where you were
I might reach out
Just to ask
If someone you know
Might need
A little space
--
10.15.09

Comments