Just Like You

When I see a woman
Who knows how to touch herself
In such a way
As to make others
Think about their hands
Touching them, too
I think about you

Your subtle eye shifts
Careful little fingers
Caressing your own hair
As you move it away from your face
Always looking half annoyed
Half needy
Unsatisfied
And slightly bitchy
Whenever I see a woman like this
Tenderly licking her own lips
I think of you

All those times
Not wanting to submit
But wanting to be taken
That was not me
It was always someone else
You always grew tired
Of the lack of initiative
With a wealth of hungry apes
Lurking in the parking lot
Whenever I think of my failure to seal the deal
I forget about you
As you are exclusive
And not meant to be a blanket
Even with pieces of like you everywhere
You still remind me of you

But when I see someone
Slightly over dressed
For a normal day at work
Slightly tart
But mostly just sour
Clothed in such a way
Where most of the thought went into
How it will look coming off
When I observe someone like this
And know well enough to stay away
I always think they remind me of you
I hope they are happy with themselves
Just like you
--
3.16.10

Comments

Coppertop said…
This post rocks. I love it. Reminds me of a friend of mine.