Weight

Taking the weight of your head
Fully
In the crook of my arm
So as not to allow the arm of the chair
To absorb
Any of the joy
That is felt
Holding you
I am stingy like that

Looking ahead
At anything kind
That you might do
Fills me up
With genuine light
That I have never been able to produce
On my own
For myself
Until you came along
Smiling inside
Letting you know with a watery eye
I am proud like that

Every piece of trash
Manufactured and discarded
Proves to be a worthy adversary
Something I am ashamed of
For all of us
It shows a lack of foresight
And reveals the inability
To truly care
For anything
Leaving you with that
To manage
On your own
Is something I am uncomfortable with
So I must change
Myself and others
Because I refuse
To surrender like that

This world that is now yours
Was given to you
On loan
The challenge will always be
To leave it
Better than you found it
Like a puzzle
Or game with obstacles
You will learn to maneuver
Not just for yourself
For everyone
Just remember
The world is full of cheaters
Which can often be
A creative way
To help or hurt
You'll have to figure that one out
By yourself
I'm sorry like that
--
4.8.10

Comments

Unknown said…
This is absolutely stunning.
Enri Zoltz said…
Thanks, TGBtM! I appreciate your appreciation :)