Minefield

To crash and burn
and not to try
to crash and burn
a shame
according to a playwright friend
of mine
ok, not a friend
someone I saw on tv
but could relate to
his pace was mesmerizing

Rules meant
to be broken
or torn apart
to be broken
and put back together again
making those involved feel temporary
while the lines continue
before and after
stretching into thin air
thin like thinner
thinner like alcohol
or any liquid
that wants to be a gas

Taking inventory
of what's important
shedding extra weight that is
taking inventory
and marking what's what
for my own sake
not your sake
your stock
not as important
what I can box up
my trash
harder to let go
your trash
just a mess
scattered everywhere
without a reason
I can think of

I can think of
a million reasons
for mine

Your driving bothers me
as does your method of crossing
a parking lot
in the same way
we are not the same way
--
5.3.10

Comments