TOO9

So, when I see TOO9
I see things that look right
On a sign it looks right
It can't be anything wrong

When I see things like that
They remind me
That I'm going blind --
Not that I can't see

I see things like you see things
I see thngs like everyone sees thngs
I'm glazed over
Half awake and half here

I used to see lots of things
That weren't even there
I used to embrace that
Now there is shame involved

So I see things
And I don't even ask
What's wrong with that
Or, what's so right about that

The thngs I see now are painted in
Deep in
Solidly painted into the painting
And they're never coming out

That's what I am supposed to not say
I'm supposed to have a way out
A faith based answer full of light
I am supposed to dream of a rebirth

But we all know
That TOO9 doesn't mean anything
Nothing at all
Unless you work in the railyard

And even then
It's not worth discussing
It's something you pass off as secondary
Common information
You're going blind
--
7.29.10

Comments