Shook

Changes should have taken hold by now
I should be more shook up
But, I'm on the train
And still preoccupied
With how stupid your hat looks

Buildings coming down now
Whole rooms wide open to the public
It's all I can do
To not laugh
Or turn around, focus on window

Snow on the ground is ice now
All the parking spaces are crunchy
I've been drawn to some dark place
All frigid island
Lost in intention
With anger and regret

Maybe this is all there is to feel now
Feelings a luxury in this world
Most things require thoughtless work
Unless you ask Henry David
Or a subway bum
Or your psychiatrist

Emblazoned on your chest now
A crest that translates into Better than me
But my work ethic is weak
So I win by default
So long as there is pinball in purgatory

Your success is a crow now
Something that belongs undead
In some god awful movie
Mocking the rest of us
Happy to lump myself in now
Be with you now
Settling for silence and oil heat now
--
1.14.11

Comments