today's dream of today

Your face
Reminds me of dry white wine
And I want to punch it
I am serious

Your leather-bound face
Reminds me that I'm hot
Under all these clothes
Little radiators doing their business

Your snide jib
Makes me wonder
Why people believe in god
God would never want this

A phony elegance
All astute on your straight little nose
More round than you'd like it
You fucking dandy

Your subtle sleep
Not real but imagined
Sealing all of this off
On the other side of your subconscious

I hope you are reviewing Sun-Tzu
In your school groomed little head
Because when this train stops
I'm going to follow you to death

On a chariot
In the hereafter
I ride
With your head on a stick

I am just like you
Only I dream with my eyes open
And my courteous smirk
Is filled with intended dismay

Down below us
There are slabs of marble
Just waiting to be cut to size
Waiting for engraving

On an elevated train
We are all important
Going somewhere
Decisively

Your decision to wear that face
In today's dream of today
Was the worst choice possible
And my today is forever marred

Just as bright
Your gleaning spirit
Shoved into a sack of pinstriped shit
Whistling out from the seams

That glistening cobra
Dangerous as it may be
Is so comfortable in the new dark
It doesn't know it's dead

This dusty marmot
Knowing quite well
That anything goes
In this gray already-dead sideshow
--
2.1.11

Comments