Off Gas

Your concerns are not my concerns
Where you lose me is with your argument about car crashes
That is to say
Limiting your driving significantly reduces your odds for a crash
The same holds true here
What we are talking about is exposure
That is to say
Just because you make food
Doesn't mean I have to eat it
That is to say
Your starving China defense
Is also riddled with holes

Priority seating for the disabled
Now there is a concept I can get behind
It requires humans to act human
And promotes dialogue
There is no handicap cover-up
Either you are fraudulent
Or you deserve some priority
It doesn't matter if you were drunk when you became crippled
If it occurred during war time
Or because of childhood disease
If you are a drunk in a wheelchair
That is a different story

But back to the industrial age of unreason
I think I need a bullet
Put between my eyes
Because I cannot live amongst all this convenience
It is so convenient
And makes itself so readily available
I forget what it was like
Before all this
My refillable water bottle
And biodegradable trash can
Is no match for your constant conveyor of plastic bath toys
Your flip flops are so tempting
Your window treatments are the only affordable option
My shower curtain gets moldy and who has time for vinegar and sunshine
So I call a truce
And promise to never tell my children's children that you did this to them
I did
As a knowing contributor
I coerced you to make my life easier
I asked for mica to become Formica
And linoleum to look more like fine tile
When my synapses fire all willy nilly
And my children can't sit and read more than a paragraph at a time
And my wife says a little bit won't hurt us
I will let you off the hook
Because you are only acting in my best interest
As stock
As a holder
As living stock with a weak hold
As cinder
As bacon
As bullet riddled cheese
As a piƱata
As a patsy
As a figment of your imaginative research
Our opposition only exists in concept without us
We only exist together without opposition
In this struggle
There are only rats
And off gas
--
6.1.11

Comments