In True Zimmerman Fashion (exercise 1: flow of thoughts)

Act: Killer shoes
Scene: Stalk savvy

I took one class on procedure
And decided not to continue
Past page 40
On that page
They describe
How to use a baton to stun
Stunning is a verbal act
Stunning is a beautiful woman
Stunning is a percentage

7:30 pm
I am watching dogs make love
I imagine what the purpose is
More dogs
More everything
My little piece of everything
Looks so small
I am more in tune with static
Short waves
Cracking sticks under feet

I am not bored
Just restless
And hungry
I think there is a reason I am here
Someone knows how important I am
Maybe my mom
My dad
I like my neighborhood
I know my neighborhood
Why do people have kids anyway?

I like my food
In neat little piles
Separated by a strip of air
If possible
When all else fails
I turn on the TV
Go numb
Just dumb out
When people see me
I don't know what they see
I want a little respect sometimes
From the check out girl
And the life guard at the pool
I am on their team
We all have a job to do

My tub just won't get clean
I don't know what I can use
I wonder how hard it would be
To replace a tub
I wonder if my white sneakers are clean
I mean really clean
I wonder if I could fly a plane
I think I could do that
Without much practice at all
--
3.20.12

Comments

Anonymous said…
''When people see me, I don't know what they see.' - I love, and relate to, your written words around this line.