View From March Eight

Crowd sourcing
Let me realize
That the man who could not stop laughing into his cell phone
Was equally as annoying as the smell of my egg sandwich with ketchup
That being my contribution
To this moment
That can't resist:
Talking, eating and farting
Spilling, cursing and storytelling
Standing, sitting and adjusting

In the end, today
Leather wins over polyester shell
Natural hair wins over perm
Capless, brimless wins over hat

For lack of a better tunnel
I grab my belongings early
Wait by the door
Assume Exitus Vomitorius
Loose from a late morning
Tight from lifting heavy objects
Over ripe for slick
Callow for eternity

The pigeons will be squawking
A spring flavor has been released into the air
The park will be somewhat amused
To find adults taking jackets off of children
Then putting them back on in the shade
I may walk past
If the wind blows me south
Instead of north
On my walk to work
--
3.8.12

Comments