While You Were Out Fixing Your Clot

Only for a party
Otherwise we rest and play cards
What used to be a job
Is now a status

Remember when we thought
About camping out
At a department store overnight?
Well, it's nothing like that

If you're looking at where I'm pointing
It looks complicated and greedy
But if examined from your perspective
I could see how this gun makes me look skinny

You reach for your coffee
And I know where the beans are grown
Roasted over their own scorched branches
Is when they taste best, to me

This is not a disagreement
This is a convoy
Whereas I used to have purpose, authorized
The buildings are riddles now

It's not your problem
But if I can make it here
I can make due without blankets anywhere within 100 miles
And you can drink your coffee

Before this, I was a child of god
Like you, and your kids
Playing in dirt and on a playground sometimes
Now I am a man of my word and you of too many words
--
4.18.12

Comments