Chronology Opposes You

Maple syrup
Not sure what it's there for
Small bathroom window
Hanging down to winter earth
String from third floor

I'm not sick
For any frantic fear of sudden itchy throat
Many apologies
But six or seven?
One maybe two for a non-repeater
I know what you're thinking
It sounds gross in my head
Instantly stuffed
Just sitting on the shelf
And it wasn't in a box
Haven't worn it in a year
This old dusty sweater
Achoo

Train is late
Arrive with plenty of time
Kiss the family
Taking bumps awfully hard
Dirty looks from crossing guard
Not really stopping at stop signs
I'm stressed
I left my coffee on the counter
Can't find the kid's coat
Now he wants to go for the ride?
Pack up a small lunch
Time is tick tick ticking
Make this hair look better than showered
Brush teeth
Prepare some coffee to go
Plenty of time
--
1.3.13

Comments