I Am Not Misbehaving

In a skinny jean way
with man hands
and floppy boots
you boost attention

When I say boost
I mean like rob, steal, pilfer
with poofed hair
and fake lashes

It's fine though
that you breathe from those teeny slits
like a salamander
on two long legs

Then there is the future
of which you must painfully grow into
of which I have already shed
squeezing by on my shiftiness

There are places to go
people to discover
all those things add wrinkles to your face
when asked was it good

Before long there are kids
growing up around you
becoming people
exercising rights

Their blades are shapeless
thin and needley like a boning device
some kind of microscopic fish
getting a real inspection

And we behave like mollusks
keeping our head down
until provoked
then we bat lashes
--
3.6.13

Comments