So this is prison

So this is prison
I mean Christmas

Some tall windows
Plastered with silt

Views of concrete
Changing slowly

Stoneface aged gracefully
Cracks and wrinkles

Pockets of rust
Where water found solace

This is foul
I mean lovely

The freedom to live
Like lice in a wig


These doors open and shut
Fast

These fasts last longer
Every year the sun is stronger

Until pop
Or fizzle

But this is a party!
I mean a liberation

All the buttons in the world
Sewed into eyes

So this is coffee
I mean working man's fuel

Grateful for biscuits
And motherboard circuits

Elevators and levers
So efficient

There are giant elbows everywhere
Hogging the horizon

These pushpins speak tonnage
Speak to native tongue-age

These adages have appendages
Foreword arrowroot bootstrap

Land ho!
I see me fixing to do

So this is a general store
I mean funeral carnival

Pocket flap stitch sublime
Hollywood grunge sweatpants

These boxes have numbers
Like tattoos or tags

Then there is a reason
Why all things hinge

So this is philosophy
I mean you're being put to death
--
4.16.13

Comments