When the money runs out

It slams doors
Breaks cabinets
Steps in clean puddles
And makes mud
When the money leaves

It's messy
When that bitchy thing goes
It flies out the door
With a mother-fucking cape
Only to return drunk
With friends
And sandwiches

When that money leaves
It never really says where it's going
Don't say shit about coming back
And certainly don't apologize
It makes a big stink about the room being cold
Then shits the bed
Don't even clean it up
When the money goes

Beyond that we make peace
What other choice we got
That bitch took care of rent
And then some groceries
Utilities all paid up
Then nothing
Dried up fuckin' raisin-titty money
Fuckin' proud ass bitch face money

Then I think maybe we allergic to money
I mean the rest of these fools seem to be in love
I develop a cough
Get red and itchy
My mind goes blank
And I get feverish
Then the money leaves
And I feel worse

When the dollars leave
They leave in round numbers
But they swear they trickle out
In decimals and cents
But I see shit like 10K
Big ass round numbers
Just rolling out the door
Not even saying goodbye
Just poof like a Filipino hooker
Or worse, like some sleazy real estate Caucasian bitch at an open house
Rollin' up the mats and rugs
Covering the couch
Throwing the fresh flowers in the trash
With a polite little bitch smile for the neighbors
But not for me
When the money gone

When the money finally gone
It goes to Hawaii
Grows weed in Humboldt County
Opens up a bar in the Hamptons
Donates to the alma mater
Whatever the fuck that is
Gets an expensive collection of something
Watches me from down the block
In a black van with tints
When the money goes
It gets particular about where it's been
It nitpicks
Pinches those pennies
When the money goes
She be ruthless
Stealing breath and insurance
Leaving notes and poems
Like "I know you still love me"
And "Don't be mad, I had to move on"
--
5.1.13

Comments