Fuck Your Study

Back when I was a sociologist
I was never a sociologist
But my three year old swears he has played pro basketball

I remember learning about test groups and sample sets
The biggest problems in science come from this
The gerrymandering of parameters

Studies show that studies show
That's really all there is to it
And so I follow journalists

My own desires are rife with positioning
So it behooves me to believe
Coffee is a religion

When some half baked Mayo Clinic study comes out
And the data has no controls
You should put it back on the shelf

This is not to say I would be resistant to actual proof
I am as reasonable as the next guy
But your study makes a better paper mâché

I am used to this type of shocking discovery though
My three year old eats crayons
Then can't explain why his toothbrush is green
--
8.20.13

Comments